Captain Underpants: 2017

Kids and Imaginations 

It is summer 2017 and kids are out for summer break. Of course this means movie time! I'm 31 and I still enjoy a good children's flick. Not all kid movies work, but some can wow you. Captain Underpants came out in 1997 and ran its course till 2015. I was a kid when it came out. I am guilty of never reading the books. But always being curious I was intrigued enough to see the movie. Honestly I thought it was about a boy in his underwear. Wrong I was!


Treehouse Comic Inc.

Long story short without ruining the movie, it's about two best friends that like pranks and creating comics. One of their comics comes to life through some strange turn of events and the bossy principle becomes 'Captain Underpants' a character from one of their homemade comic books. See no underpants boy. But an underpants principle now this I can eat up. And I did, its adorable, and hilarious! 

School is Boring for Class Clowns

The two characters: George and Harold are 10 years old and are bored of school. They are creative and have senses of humors. The movie makes school out to be a system that makes students into cogs in a machine. Who doesn't relate? the boys are also neighbors, which is convenient for making stuff in their tree house. One of the bad guys is the new science teacher: Professor Poopypants, voice is by Nick Kroll. And Professor Poopypants hates when people make fun of his name, so he tries to take away the students laughter/humor. 


Okay Go See it Already!

With blockbuster hits like: Wonder Woman and Minions 3, the Captain Underpants movie may have had some of their lime light stolen. But it's never too late to see it as an adult or child. This one brought me back to me silly nickelodeon days of Hey Arnold! and Doug in the 1990's. And Captain Underpants is technically a 90's brain child too. So go see this whimsical wonderland movie!

Comments

  1. Good post! I must add this to the watch list. My kids will finish watching series by Andy Yeatman on the coming weekend and then I will have to add some more shows and movies into their lives. I have started doing that already and I believe that this is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts